Monday, July 31, 2006

Button-Loosening?

I'm still kinda wondering about the lyrics to the Pussycat Dolls song, "Buttons." The relevant portion goes something like this:
I'm a make you loosen up my buttons babe
Loosen up my buttons babe
Why don't you loosen up my buttons babe
Loosen up my buttons babe

I don't know, I always had the idea - well, since kindergarten, I guess - that clothing buttons exist in one of two states, buttoned or unbuttoned. I'm not really sure how one would go about loosening a button. And actually, the only loose buttons you hear of are those that need to be fastened more securely to the garment they are attached to. Could this song actually represent a plea to the local dry cleaner? I guess that would explain the urgency. Or perhaps buttons in the hip-hop community have unusual properties? Unclear.

Gotta run. My shoelaces came unzipped.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny said...

Similarly, you have to wonder if it was Nelly Furtado or Timbaland who wrote the Pulitzer-esque lyrics:

"I'm a big girl I can handle myself;
But if I get lonely I’ma need your help;
Pay attention to me I don't talk for my health."

What's wrong with her health? Does she have a cold? Perhaps he should offer to get her a blanket and some Advil.

Or maybe she's actually warning him that if he "hits it" he'll be stricken with a veneral disease. What should follow then is this:

"If you get close to me;
You'll contract my STD;
dead by 33;
'stead hittin' on Jessica Tandy."

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter