Thursday, August 17, 2006

Re: JonBenet

Here's what I've taken away from the latest twist in the case: whether the douchebag sicko killed JonBenet or not, the NYT still has lousy copy editors.
Mr. Karr, like the Ramsey’s, have roots in the South.

It never gets old. Speaking of which, I am no longer as young as I once was. I guess that's supposed to be not good. I don't really seem to care that much. Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't care enough, so I try to act like I care more. Whatever. That's not the point. The point is that one thing I had always believed when I was a teenager was that even if getting old sucks, at least old people don't get pimples. I no longer believe that. Why am I using the same acne medication that most of the kids I tutor use? Strange.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danny said...

One of the side effects of being raped as a 6-year-old is the horrible acne breakouts that occur in the aftermath. It's been proven that the trauma leads the facial pores to excrete lava and dirty pus. Even if Ramsey had survived, she would have faced life as Charlie "Crater Face" Coburn from Saved by the Bell. It's like how we care about the way Empire treats their chickens until the moment we slaughter them and eat them. Apparently, it's crueler to let them live. Similarly, John Mark Karr was abiding by the halachot of tzaar baalei chaim when he put sweet Jon-Benet out of her misery.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kraut- i feel for you. thanks for the link, i'll check in every chance i get.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter